.widget { text-align: center; }

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Current Craves

I've been lucky lately and have been able to knock a lot of items off my "Must Have" list and onto my "Got Em!" list. However, as a girl without unlimited shopping funds, that list of elusive treasures will always be there. Like a northern star it guides me, reminding me why I work my ass off and why I love my oh-so-patient husband whose side of closet gets pathetically smaller by the day.

Here are my current favs - some which are in my very near future and some that seem as far away as that aforementioned star.

1. Silver Metallic Pumps: If you read my previous post, you'll understand why in January I scoffed at metallic heels (hello, 2002!) and why they are now #1 on my Craves list. I can't explain it; I just know I need them.

2. Studded Pumps: I've had these on my list for a while but haven't had the courage to pull the trigger. I'm getting closer though...

3. Black and White Striped Skirt: This freaking skirt is haunting me. First I see it on Pinterst months ago, then I see it styled on another blog only to find it's sold out, then my friend goes and finds it The Limited (on sale!) and now I feel like I'm SOL. It's no secret I have a stripes obsession, but I'm almost at the point of giving up on this one. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be. Or maybe I'll just steal my friend's when she's not looking....Shhh!

4. Mixed Metal MK Watch: Sure, I have way too many MK watches, but I don't have a silver one. Everyone needs a silver watch, right? I do have this one in gold/tortoise but gold/silver is soooo different. I swear, this will be my last watch. Ever.  This year. For a while.

5. Large, Bright-Colored Clutch: For a girl who's scared of color, I find a pop of citrus like this surprisingly adorable for summer. I've been on the prowl but haven't managed to find the perfect one.  J. Crew and Kate Spade have some good ones, but I'm betting I can find a perfectly acceptable one at Targ-ey or H&M.

6. Louis Vuitton Neverfull: I love LV and I love totes. What more is there to say? It's a given. And if you're wondering how I justify the price, here's my spiel: A Louis will never go out of style and will last forever if you take care of it. Let's be pessemistic and say it lasts 10 years. Do the math: $1000/10 years = $100/year. I know people who spend WAY more than that each year at the buying multiple crappy bags that will look like they came from Ross come next year. It's all about quality, not quantity, for me and I can rest easy at night with that magic little equation in my head.

7. Ok, One More Watch: I thought I was done until I saw this beauty. A silver AND navy MK watch?? Where do I sign up?

Well, I hope this gets everyone thinking about what YOU are craving and that it inspires you to go find them (preferably for a very reasonable price!).

Happy Shopping!



 ~ Sara

No comments :

Post a Comment