.widget { text-align: center; }

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Elections Blues...and Reds

I don't know about you but last night's election results left me downright depressed. This isn't the place for political rants but let me just say that the thought of moving to Antarctica is looking more and more appealing (my jacket collection would sure come in handy, wouldn't it?). Then again, don't communists wear tall boots and furry hats? Looks like I'm set to stay in the States after all! ;)

OK, I'm done, I swear.

In honor of Election Day, I put together this patriotic outfit and for a few hours it actually gave me hope. I mean, doesn't a bright red shirt just scream "Republicans FTW!"? Apparently not. (Sorry, that one just slipped out..)

Blazer: BR Outlet, Shirt: Ann Taylor, Skirt: BR Outlet, Shoes: Nine West, Watch: MK


Later in the evening as I sat watching the country slowly circle the drain (last one, I promise), I decided that this oh-so-special occasion deserved to be saluted with a nice RED wine. 

Wine: Cupcake Vineyards - Red Velvet: A blend of Zinfandel, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Petite Sirah. You can usually find it at Costco for around $8.

Taste:  I love this wine, but it's not for everyone. It's rich and fruity but mellow and dark like chocolate. The best part is the finish which is literally creamy with hints of vanilla and coconut. 

Experience: You mean besides the weeping? I ate it with leftover pizza (see Paesanos post) in my backyard, which are two are my favorite things, so all in all the night wasn't such a nightmare?

And just in case the adorable outfit and delicious wine didn't make you forget about the state of our communist nation, I leave you with this parting gift. Enjoy!

Channing Tatum named as People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive....do you agree??

2 comments :

  1. ...too thin & bony...yuck...can we have another choice?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Channing Tatum all the way! It's nice to get a break from Mr. Clooney every now and again...

    ReplyDelete