.widget { text-align: center; }

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Deep Thoughts and J. Crew Love

Wow. The last half of March just flew by, didn't it? Here we are in April and I suddenly realized that the blog's been dark for weeks! It's a wonder the world kept turning.

I'm going to be honest, I wasn't really sure that I was going to come back and continue this little blog of mine. After countless hours of stalking better blogs and thousands of crappy photos snapped and deleted, I thought I had come to a realization: There is a reason that models are 5'8" and enviably thin. Fashion does NOT look fabulous on a 5'4" woman in desperate need of a tan and a good workout. In my head I'll  look like a million dollars, only to be contradicted by my evil mirror, mirror on the wall. Who wants to follow that blog?

I was about ready to give up and go back to strictly wine-ing and dine-ing when it hit me:  No one reading this (apart from my little sister and a few ridiculously gorgeous friends, of course) looks or dresses like a supermodel and that's exactly the point! My idea of fashion is real-life fashion, the kind that regular people who live outside of New York City and shop at outlet stores can relate to. Sure, it's easy to pick up an issue of Vogue or InStyle to get the pulse of so-called "real" fashion, but wear some of that stuff on the streets of Sacramento and people would look at you like you were from another planet. Let's face it, if you're reading this you're probably not wearing Louboutins to the office and carrying a Celine purse to the grocery store. And there's nothing wrong with that.

So what if I look like a munchkin in some of my photos? So what if I wear a bubble necklace long after the trend is dead? As long as I still feel fabulous and can show even one woman out there that style isn't scary and expensive then I figure I have a place here. And if that one woman happens to like wine and pictures of adorable dogs then who am I to deprive her of that? Top all that off with a nice note I received from a friend today telling me that she enjoys my blog and you can consider me officially inspired anew.

So onward I go.

 Speaking of outlet stores, I found my new fave. Don't get me wrong, Banana will always have a special place in my heart, but I recently discovered the preppy heaven that is the J. Crew Factory store and I'm officially smitten. While I do think that J. Crew is slightly overpriced ($300 for ballet flats?!), I have always admired their classic, fun style. Now I can shop with reckless abandon and not feel (too) guilty. The best part? It's online, too!

This past weekend the entire store was 50% off so of course we stopped off at the Gilroy outlets on the way to Carmel and had a field day. This was the highlight of my haul:


Buy Me

  Buy Me

Buy Me

I'm Not Available Online :(





Thank you, you loyal and not-so-loyal readers. It means a lot.

Ciao!

~ Sara

No comments :

Post a Comment