.widget { text-align: center; }

Friday, December 7, 2012

Birthday Celebration #1: Fur!

Last weekend was our trek up to the mountains (sans snow, just rain, unfortunately) to celebrate a friend's birthday and I was super excited to finally get a chance to wear my new (faux) fur stole! It was seriously colder than hell up there, so my outfit was my attempt to be warm while still looking feminine and avoiding the kid-in-A-Christmas-Story-stuffed-Michelin-Man look.

I'm not going to lie - my disembodied, invisible Polyvore model pulled the look off WAY better than I did (as usual), but I absolutely loved the concept. I felt like I was in NYC instead of South Lake Tahoe.
 
Coat: Banana Republic (Similar, Similar, Similar
Shirt: Banana Republic
Skirt: Old Navy (Similar, Similar)
Scarf: Banana Republic (Similar, Striped, Cream)
Shoes: Steve Madden (Similar, Similar)
Watch: Michael Kors 
Bracelets: Forever 21 (Shop)

Now that the holiday party season is upon us, I'm looking forward to coming up with other festive outfits. This was actually my Plan B outfit, so I'll be busting the Plan A outfit out soon. In fact, tonight is another birthday fiesta so Plan A might have to make its appearance! Hint: It's all about sparkle!

1 comment :

  1. Nice! Glad you did not freeze to death in SLT!

    ReplyDelete