.widget { text-align: center; }

Friday, March 1, 2013

My Cone of Happiness is a Cone of Amador Wine

It's Friday, so I'll keep this short and sweet. And by sweet I mean awesome. 

Back by popular demand...Sheriff Rocky! As you can see, my attempt at recreating a hilarious meme was met with his typical disdain for all things humorous. 

Clearly he was not amused by his Cone of Happiness one bit. Poor guy needs to loosen up.




Told you it was going to be awesome. You know what else is awesome? Wine tasting! 



This weekend is another of my favorite wine events, Amador County's Behind the Cellar Door. It's a lot like Lodi's Wine & Chocolate Weekend which is probably why I love it so much. Wineries from the Plymouth area (GREAT wine in this area if you haven't tried it) feature special wines, barrel tastings and most importantly, good food! I believe this will be the third year I have attended this event and it has never failed to be absolutely fantastic. The thing I love about Amador wineries is that not only is the wine really good (LOVE the Barberas!) but everyone is super friendly and the experience is even less pretentious and more laid back than in Lodi, which is saying something. I'm really looking forward to this and also to posting about all the wineries, wines and food. Stay tuned!

It goes on on Saturday and Sunday and you can buy tickets a the Amador Vintners Visitors Center at 9310 Pacific St. in Plymouth. If you don't have any plans for the weekend you should try it out. Make sure to get a DD - you'll need it!  

Now if I could only think of what to wear.....


~ Sara

No comments :

Post a Comment