.widget { text-align: center; }

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Better Late Than Never: Paesanos Midtown

My husband and I met 4 years and 7 months ago. You know how I remember that? Because he was exactly 7 months late taking me on our our 4th Annual First Date Anniversary dinner. I suppose I should cut him some slack considering we had a few other things going on these past 7 months (two weddings and a trip to Italy to name a few), but that's just not my style. So finally my prodding wore him down and last night I got my date night!

Our first date was at Paesanos in Midtown Sacramento, one of my favorite restaurants for a number of different reasons.

Common sense dictates that the entire point of a restaurant is to enjoy the food, but Hubs and I have our own ranking systems and food is not even in the top 3. As far are we're concerned it goes:

1) Patio
2) Service
3) Wine List/Beers on Tap
4) Food

Paesanos aces all four categories (heated patio+string lights=extra credit).

They are known for their pizzas, but everything is pretty damn tasty. True story: On our actual first date we only ate bread and were so wrapped up in conversation we forgot to eat dinner. So every year we order the bread as a nod to that fateful night, but have since wised up and now order actual dinner. This time we split the Sicilian pizza (onions on half!) which was salty and spicy and chewy like a good pizza should be. The wine list is short but sweet (Lambrusco, anyone?), and their beers are the the good microbrew kind you find at a lot at places that have a little hipster in their bloodline (Racer 5, Great White and my personal fav, Monkey Knife Fight).

My choices were a glass of Boeger Barbera and one of the Graffigna Malbec (see previous Malbec-related post). Both were good, neither were great. I ran into the unfortunate case of being served bottles that had probably been opened over the weekend and tasted a little stale. Nothing to write a blog about, as they say. Oops.....

Seriously, though, go to Paesanos if you're in the area and looking for a casual, fun and delicious meal. I've even heard the inside is nice, but you'd be hard pressed to find me anywhere but the patio!

What I Wore:

BTW, how fabulous is this jacket? This is one of the treasures from my shopping expedition at H&M this past weekend. I wore it to our date and I'm officially obsessed. I love me some ruffles on my jackets! The next time I wear this I'll pair it with a scarf. Oh, the possibilities....

Question: What would you wear this with?


Jacket: H&M (also available in black)




1 comment :

  1. Beautiful jacket! Very put together look.

    ReplyDelete