.widget { text-align: center; }

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween: Prints and Sheriffs and Squirrels, Oh My!



Last night was Halloween which in my opinion is about as exciting as Columbus Day.  I’m not sure where my apathy for this holiday comes from. Perhaps it’s my aversion to dressing up in things designed to make you look horrific/awkward/slutty (I didn’t jump on that chance in college when I SHOULD have been slutty and I’m sure not interested in it now that I’m in my freaking 30’s!). Or maybe it’s the fact that Halloween usually falls on a weeknight and work doesn’t seem to care. Which, come to think of it, makes Columbus Day way more exciting considering some people actually get time off for it.
 
Don’t get me wrong, I may not be donning a sexy (insert uniformed occupation here) costume and shaking my groove thang in exchange for strangers’ candy, but that doesn’t mean I don’t LOVE the favorite American tradition of embarrassing the crap out my dogs. And boy did I. 

That's Rocky, the Sheriff of our house, and Dublin the Squirrel (which ironically is one of her favorite things to terrorize). 

The only other highlight to the day was my outfit, which I chose specifically for the occasion. See, I'm not completely boring.

Outfit


If you know my style, you know that I avoid prints like the plague. Give me stripes all day, but start curving those stripes into shapes (or God forbid, florals!) and I start getting lightheaded. However, in my recent attempt to step up my game fashion-wise (hello, Pinterest), I've come to the realization that a print here and there won't actually kill me and might even give my wardrobe a much needed pop of interest. 


So I went out on a limb and bought this printed dress from Old Navy...in an actual color...with BIRDS on it, no less! And I have to admit, it's pretty freaking fabulous. It reminds me of The Birds by Alfred Hitchcock, so it shall forever be known as my "Hitchcock Dress". Since it's technically fall and the temp was actually below 75 degrees for once, I wore it with black tights and boots. (I'm thinking I might as well post pics of my outfits like the real bloggers do. Stay tuned...)



 
Mix all of that fun with a couple Blue Moons (sorry, no wine tonight), some leftovers (again, not that exciting) and some "me" time and it turned out to be a pretty fab Halloween. Expect for the dogs. They were pissed.

No comments :

Post a Comment