.widget { text-align: center; }

Friday, November 23, 2012

Black (and Gold and Cream and FUR!) Friday

I know, I know. I'm officially the worst blogger EVER.

You have to admit I was on a hot streak there for a while (ok, a week). But it's been radio silence for going on 2 weeks now. Not cool. I have no excuse. In fact, the only reason I can come up with is that I've been "busy", but the kicker is that I've been busy doing awesome things that would be PERFECT to blog about! So let's just pretend this little hiatus didn't happen and get back into the mildly interesting saga that is my life and my retail pursuits.

Speaking of retail pursuits, is it any coincidence that my blog's resurrection is happening on this holiest of all shopping days - Black Friday? I think not....

Don't get me wrong. There isn't enough money on the planet to get me to drag my happy, caffeinated ass down to Walmart to join in the stampede for cheap TVs at 3am. Simply not enough, I tell you. But 10am at the my favorite yuppy-packed outlets? Count me in!

It's probably not a secret that 90% of my wardrobe is purchased at the Banana Republic Factory Store, so it shouldn't be a surprise that that was the first stop on today's shopping excursion. Hey, when something works it works and a little consistency in life is, in my book, a great thing. Another great thing is that there is a coupon in almost every US Weekly if you look closely enough so I never pay even CLOSE to full price for anything. Win, Win.

The bad news is that the factory store is not online so it's almost impossible to find photos of my purchases to post on this here blog. This means that I either have to find "similar" items - which are never exact, of course, or I have to actually start taking pictures of my outfits. I know I keep threatening to do it, but now with a little extra hallway lighting and full-length mirror in place I think I'm ready.

Well, almost ready. The night is no longer young and I'm in no mood to get off my couch, so the pics will have to wait until tomorrow. For now, sit back and enjoy the best "similar" items I could find that do my fabulous new treasures justice.

Banana Republic Factory Store - Lots of regular sale prices PLUS an extra 40% off clearance

Grey Blazer - $38.25 ($149)
 
Tan belt w/ gold hardware - $14.87 ($34.99)
 
Oatmeal cowl neck sweater - $14.78 ($28.99)
 
Cream silk tie halter - $29.74 ($49.99)
 
Faux fur stole/scarf (My favorite piece!) - $25.49 ($49.99)
 
Black leather bracelet w/ gold hardware - $10.62 ($24.99)
 
Lucite jeweled necklace - $16.99 ($39.99)


I'm pretty excited about mu haul today. I feel like I got pieces that look and feel expensive and luxurious without paying an arm and a leg for them. That's the key for us real girls who live in the real world. Always keep your eyes open for quality!!

Ciao for now.

~Sara

No comments :

Post a Comment