.widget { text-align: center; }

Friday, May 31, 2013

Epic Weekend Ahead: Les Miz, Grape Escape & Life

Hi everyone. All four of you.

This post is both a confirmation that I am, in fact, not dead, as well as an apology for being MIA for a couple weeks. I tend to do that, I'm sorry. 

I could list excuses or lie and say I was on an exotic vacation to a far-flung region of an Internet-less paradise. How about I spare you and do neither. I've just been in one of the time warps where the days fly past in a blur of wine-colored wind and I never can quite find my voice or inspiration for writing. That's not to say that I haven't had a blast and haven't amassed a mile-long list of post gems because, believe me, I have. I've just been a little disconnected and and am working my way back.

This weekend is shaping up to be an epic one, so I plan to savor every moment and use those delicious morsels to bounce back to the blog even more invigorated than when I left it.

On the agenda? Glad you asked, you might want to pay attention:



1) Les Miz (5 years of French and I still refuse to use the full name) has come back to Sacramento thanks to Broadway Sacramento and my happy ass will be front and center tomorrow. If you haven't seen this show you are truly missing one of the great ones. Sure, it's "mainstream" but sometimes the hipsters need to realize the rest of the world does get it right sometimes. Get tickets NOW.



2) The Grape Escape is one my favorite wine events of the year and it's conveniently located in Downtown Sacramento, a few blocks away from the theatre. How's that for luck? This event is contained within the confines of Caesar Chavez park (read: no driver needed!) and is as much as about food as it is about wine. The best part? Being able to walk to one of Sacramento's amazing restaurants afterwards until the sober driver actually gets sober. Perfection.


The rest of the weekend will be filled with family, friends and celebrations and I can't freaking wait. Hope everyone's weekend is as amazing as mine. See you on the other side.


Ciao!


No comments :

Post a Comment